View Single Post
Old 04-16-2002, 04:42 PM   #27
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Scronan:

I'm asking the ladies here, what is it exactly about men who are a lot taller than you that you find so appealing?

I wonder, does it relate to the primal days of having a big strong mate who can't hunt and protect his family? With the advent of women's rights and more balance between the genders, has this changed? Doesn't seem like it has to me.

Well, I'm only 5' 9", and happy with who I am, so I'm not worried about living up to someone else's expectations. I'm just me, and I know I'll find a gal who appreciates that one of these days. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Curious to hear your thoughts. Great thread!

Scronan
Hi Scronan!
For me, my attraction to taller men is definitely a liking for long legs...a guy doesn't necessarily have to be over 6 ft tall but ironically lol...the three men I was involved with through the course of the last twelve years were all over 6 ft (and long legged lol).

There is a guy at my school who is 5'7" and he seeks out women much shorter than me (he used me as an example in our conversation since I was the shortest woman present) because it makes him feel "like a bigger man".

I think Slackerboy described it best in Cloudy's height comparison thread when he said he liked a woman about the height of his chin..."so i can look down into her eyes and she can look up into mine."
There is a long history of romances portrayed in movies and T V that make that particular height difference seem to be the most romantic and that is what we are all looking for, if we haven't found it.
(romance, I mean, not someone of the perfect height lol).

I don't think you are at all far off in the observations of your primal protector theory...there is definitely more security standing behind a taller man than there is one who is shorter lol!
It has been a standard for as long as men and beasts have been around...survival of the fittest and having a mate who will provide you with children capable of surviving. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I would not consider 5'9" to be at all short...short in a man (to me) is one that is literally shorter than me...I think most women feel that way and that the advertisements that are looking for 6'+ men are placed by women who are pretty shallow if they are going to limit their options by never getting to know all you "average" height guys who have just as much potential to have it all.

[ 04-16-2002, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]