Thread: Drugs
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 04:38 AM   #16
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Default Re: Drugs

Drugs... A tricky subject, but they certainly have their uses, and no matter what we say, without them, there are certain people whose lives would be hell.

A few years ago, my mother had a seizure and then more seizures after being diagnosed with Encephalitis, the treatment was long and hard and it was still a rare and hard to treat disease, and in the end she had to be put on a nasty set of drugs to prevent further seizures, they were known to cause side effects like depression though so she was also put on a heavy dose of anti-depressants.

However they also have side-effects and she was always drowsy, tired, and lost massive ammount of weight which she could never recover.

My best friend was also put on anti-depressants and while it most likely prevented him doing some very dangerous, it comes back to a quality of life question, he was also drowsy, unresponsive, uncaring, not depressed, but still could not find enjoyment in anything and had a generally sh**y time. It also led to him losing his job.

I'm guessing this doesn't relate to your situation, but from what I have seen, anti-depressants may prevent the worst from overcoming someone, but they can also make things pretty crap for yourself and everyone you know.

Just my opinion from seeing the effects on two different people with two different types of the drug.

But saying that, there are different drugs and they likely effect everyone differently, they may really be a good idea, especially if the person prescribing them knows what he/she is talking about.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote