View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Falling on Floor Laughing The "Chosen of..." status

I am reading some of the FR books. So far those by Greenwood and Salvatore. I finished Salvatore's "The Cleric Quintet", which is all 5 of the Cadderly Bonaduce novels. At the end of the last novel Cadderly has destoyed the Edificant Library and is creating it's replacement, The Spirit Soaring cathedral. It's dedicated to the gods Deneir and Oghma. The story stongly intimates that this undertaking will eventually take his life. Anyone who has read this series knows that Cadderly is a Chosen Of Deneir. Now, most of us know that Elminster, Blackstaff and a few other wizards, are Chosen Of Mystra. The CoM are, apparently, immortal. My question is why isn't Cadderly immortal? He is also a "Chosen". Is the 'Chosen' status supposed to be consistent in the FR world? Any enlightenment from the folks on this board who have DnD knowledge would be appreciated. TIA.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.

Last edited by ElfBane; 12-14-2008 at 06:56 PM. Reason: spelling
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote