View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #47
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: HD Version of Baldur's Gate?

Beamdog’s Trent Oster let a few additional details slip via Twitter:

“Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition will include the Tales of the Sword Coast Expansion”

Oster then goes on to say that Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition will be using 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons rules. As well, the game will be “a Beamdog exclusive”, so that means that we at least for sure know that there will be a PC release. (But really, didn’t we already know that?) However, he then goes on to say the following:

“As for other platforms, tune in same time next week hopefully with 100% less explosions.”

Trent Oster has announced that there are actually two separate games on the way, an enhanced edition of Baldur's Gate and its Tales of the Sword Coast expansion, and an enhanced version of Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and its Throne of Bhall expansion.

For me, this all boils down to the new content (i.e. new areas to explore, new quests, new encounters, possibly new npcs). If that's limited in scope, then I'll pass no matter what other enhancements they make. There are simply too many other new games I want, to spend money on a rehash of something I played several times years ago, no matter HOW good the graphic makeover is.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783

Last edited by Micah Foehammer; 03-15-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote