View Single Post
Old 02-05-2003, 06:24 PM   #9
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Um... Willow, I think my point was made whether it's grass or grain we're discussing.

WARNING: [img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img]
But, while we're at it, I have heard that one of the worst trends of medicine is the antibiotic treatment newborns get when they have their first bacterial infection. This kills not only bad bacteria, but also the beneficial ones in the intestinal lining - which never return unless replenished. This is why I make it a point to eat live culture yogurt often. Lack of these gastrointenstinal bacteria, AFAIK, leads to many health problems, including ulcers. Any truth to this???
Unfortunatley we canīt digest most parts of grain either. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img]
Antibiotics kills almost all bacteria in the body, including the ones lining the intestants. Of course those arenīt really needed BUT they are beneficial to the body. Since the immune system hasnīt destroyed them it is obvious the do not provoce any diseases. When a pathogen bacteria arrives itīs a good thing those bacteria are in place. The new infection canīt grow there since all space is already taken. Of course some bacteria in the intestines is really good for you. One species enables us to digest fibre. Unfortunately when doing so they produce methane and sulhpurdioxide. Add those to air in the colon and you get, well you know... Some physicians even promotes the idea of dabbing childrens mouths with a used dish cloth. Ewww!