View Single Post
Old 10-24-2004, 03:43 PM   #1
rily83
Dungeon Master

1) I am thinking of playing either one of these characters but i am tending towards Barb currently, cos i played Kensai before, Kensai->Thief to be exact..... Was just wondering if a high-level Kensai can survive Tactics or if a Barb will have an easier time. I will do some simplistic arguments which you guys can add on too or detract or other points i have missed.

Ac: Barb is way better, Kensais can get hit by goblins.......Of course, Barb cant wear plate or full plate but then there are other gd armours that compensate. Kensai cant wear bracers either. Bad bad bad.

Hp: Barb wins hands-down.

Combat: Kensai has grandmastery, Barb only specialization. Kensai gets amazing damage, thaco and speed bonuses. Barb has some speed bonuses.

Specials: Kai vs Berserk. Kai is scary no doubt, while Berserk has many interesting uses esp wif protection against spells and other effects.

ToB abilities: I dont really know this, help me out? Will Barbs have amazing special abilities..... Will hardiness add 50% or will it just be set to 50%? 70% physical resistance will be quite cool. Kensai will have the usual fighter ones of course, and Barbs should have most of them i assume.

Others: Sure ye can think of something.......

2) Next problem(which most pple wont be answering because they will be too focused on the barb vs kensai question) is regarding Immys romance. I have gotten out of the underdark and went through the campfire scene but no more progress after that for like 5,6 real hours which is pretty bad. Is something drastic supposed to happen in that scene? I didnt push my advances overboard. Should I? I left that game at a standstill..... I need advice from those who have completed successfully.