View Single Post
Old 11-20-2001, 11:31 AM   #18
Magness
Quintesson

I think that the bag of holding is an underappreciated item. All of the various combat items are easy to appreciate. Being able to carry very large (although limimited) number of items without regard to weight is a very useful capability. (The ToB version of the bag of holding is even better. There seems to be no limit to the number of items that can be placed in the ToB version of the BoH.)

The bag of holding is great for increasing the amount of plunder you can carry before either running back to a store or dropping less valuable items. It's also great for carrying those items/weapons that have very specific uses that you don't equip 100% of the time, but don't want to leave at home. (The Dragonslayer sword and a rod of resurrection are be an examples.)

While I'm certain that none of this is news to anyone that's played thru SoA a couple times, the value of the Bag of Holding is easy to overlook when compared to the more exciting weapons and armors.

Of course, all of those other bags/cases also fall into this category (i.e. containers for potions, scrolls, and gems, and from ToB ... ammo). All are indespensible for successful adventurers!!!