Thread: Santa MOSH!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2004, 06:16 AM   #23
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Yeah, and we all know only Christians can make good music! Right? Right...

With all due respect (seriously), you have not an inkling what you're talking about, I'm afraid. Firstly, you are mixing up completely different styles. Acid rock? [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] Heavy metal and hardcore are not at all the same thing. You're also way off on the "Satanic" thing. Without even going into the fact that for the bands who DO dabble with the occult, it's just an image, a way to rile up people like you and to add a dark little edge to their music, I have to ask whether it really matters what someone believes in in order to appreciate their music. I didn't think so. And as for your remark about the lack of talent in metal/hardcore bands, I am not sure whether to laugh or roll my eyes in contempt - I think I did both simultaneously and it wasn't a pretty sight. I would REALLY like to see you play just a few bars of any song by, oh, Meshuggah, Cynic, Queensryche or The Mars Volta (none of which, I'm afraid, are "satanic" bands, so you can't hide behind that excuse either ). No talent? Are you kidding me? Some of the most inventive, complex and difficult music is being made under the banner of "Metal". Again, I'd advise you to attempt to learn just a tiny bit more about a subject before you start talking, next time.
This impassioned and heartfelt rant, by the way, was brought to you by someone who spends 90% of her music-listening time adoring classical music. You know, the kind with the Christian masses and violiny goodness? Can't say I'm a brainless metal fan whose brains have long ago dribbled out of my ears from all the "noise".
Haha! Sarah, I love you so goddam hard! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]