View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 01:08 AM   #10
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Calaethis, Qara betrayed you and you had a *17* influence with her? What was your influence with Sand? I'm curious for two reasons: One is because I've always though that the person in the Sand/Qara pair with the higher influence stays and the lower influence always betrays and if Sand is lower than 17 and Qara betrays that would be the first time I have ever heard of that. [img]smile.gif[/img] And secondly if you got Sand higher than a 17 in influence I would love to know how! I've got him at a 10 right now and I've can't think of a single negative point I've taken with him.
...70. I found a bug at the Moonstone Mask where the owner says that you're in good hands with Sand and if you agree, you get +1 influence with Sand. Now, I wanted to see what Sand said about "have you got a problem with Qara" and he would never speak of it in front of her, so I figured that I may as well as try and get Sand's influence reaaaaaaally high to see if he would. Unfortunately, it seems scripted that he won't. Watching Sand and Qara fight is fun.

In regards to Memnoch's post, I have very... mixed feelings about the influence system. As per Kotor2 it seems you must suck up and agree with your companions, appeasing them in order to influence them. I don't like that. It's very difficult to get them to see your point of view without flattering them.

Likewise with Elanee. It did make sense for my character's relationship with her I think, given he was a) a wood elf, and b) a ranger and he had somewhere in the regions of 26 influence with her (yes, he agreed with everything she said). Aside from Sand, which is a bit of a cheat, he had the highest influence with her out of all the other companions. I did think the fact there was no true build up to it or follow up was a bit poor. And given my character was really nice to Shandra only for... well, I felt that roleplaying wise, it was more likely he'd turn to the Druidess who had constantly offered him advice than any one else. Not that there were really any other options, which was kinda poor design too, I feel.

Construct was a bit of a let down, I felt. He did nothing, said nothing. He was like a mindless companion - which may have been the point, but... meh.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Bishop's a dirt bag so losing him shouldn't be any heartbreak. Even if Bishop fights against you - taking him down would be akin to setting the Bard CAIN on fire in the Battle of the Bards in Blacklake - OH SO MUCH FUN! lol
Ah yes, Bishop. I actually liked him on some level. He reminded me so much of a certain Sith in Kotor2 that it was uncanny. Especially the whole "protecting innocents" isn't actually doing them any favours bit. By taking their strength you deny them and whatnot. I felt they could have done more with him though. I was more annoyed that even with the oh-so-high influence of 4, I could not turn him back to my side. I'd have offered him freedom of his debts if he helped me defeat the KoS. But no such luck. Actually, I was more annoyed he walked off with my stuff. Although... I must say, I saw it coming a mile away, just as I suspected Shandra would fall.

People siding with the end boss and with you also had Kotor2 overtones to it. I believe that's what they wanted to happen originally with Handmaiden/Visas, Atton/Disciple.

And I hate Cain [img]smile.gif[/img] . I didn't actually realise you could set him on fire until I read it on the Bio boards... and that's my first aim for my latest game [img]smile.gif[/img] .

[ 01-04-2007, 01:25 AM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote