Thread: Spells
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2000, 11:17 AM   #5
Ravensong

The fiend spells are weak, but Frenzy is awesome and Artifact of Pain is what you need to increase a weapons damage potential by blessing it. As for the other schools of magic, the splash damage make most of the best spells suitable for ranged combat only, and certain creatures seem more immune to certain schools of magic. Incinerate and Lightning do the most damage of spells that wont hurt your party close up, but as I said, there are alot of creatures that are immune to them. The most effective damage spells are definitly the storms, with Meteorstorm seeming to be the one that almost everything takes damage from. That to me is the bigdog of spells in this game. Spectral Raven also is excellent. It's a low level spell that effects almost everything and has good splash damage. I would say it beats Flamestrike, simply becasue more things are effected by it.

If your big on having your fighters hit REALLY hard, try casting Frenzy, Heroic Might, Bloodlust and Haste on 1 of them a bucnh of times each, toss in Shadow or Invisibility if that PC has Backstab. I've done over 200 points of damage on 1 hit this way with the average being 80~120 per hit.