View Single Post
Old 07-11-2002, 10:36 PM   #4
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

I heard about this before, and it IS a good idea, if only it wasn't so close to human habitation.

They were planning to dig down into a mountain as far as they could and put in all sorts of containment systems up. Then they could slowly fill the mountain full of all the radioactive waste, that would OTHERWISE be thrown into people's backyards. All it is, is a storage facility for the county's nuclear waste output. They have to put it somewhere. They just can't throw it out in a landfill.

And its not like they are going to just set it in the desert, its going to be far underground, where it is SUPPOSED to be safe. Well as safe as you can get with radio active waste. At least that was the original plan.

I didn't really read the text on the site other than the idea that they were going to store nuclear waste. So I figured that they were refering to this idea. Excuse my lazyness but I have a 56k modem and am trying to do too many things at once.