View Single Post
Old 10-05-2001, 07:19 AM   #27
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
Make it ten hours long!
Remember that Shogun adaption...made for tv. Last time i saw it i was probably thirteen and hadnt read the book. At the time i loved it but after falling in love with the book???...well... I need to find a video store that has the full ten hours for rent...
[/B]
See...that's my point. Maybe a bit unreasonable , but I'd watch 10 hours of a movie (miniseries) to get the full effect of the book included. I'm not saying that I don't enjoy the movies made from books at ALL. I do, I just get so disappointed sometimes when they take "artistic license" and butcher a book to fit it in to two hours. The Stand was EXCELLENT as far as an adaptation of King's work goes. But Battlefield Earth - they butchered it! I know if I hadn't read the book, I'd probably have liked the movie just fine, but they changed EVERYTHING! Even the way it ended with the guy teleporting with a bomb. NO! WRONG! And it didn't cover what happens next or leave it 'hanging' in such a way as to expect another movie. BAH! *pout* I just need to make a great deal of money so that I can go buy the rights to some really good books and be the producer/director of those films. Period.

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-05-2001).]