View Single Post
Old 07-12-2001, 05:51 PM   #146
Tancred
White Dragon

"Darkwood Forest. My mother told me tales of this place when I was young, though I thought it was nothing but a story. Goblins and giants and shape-shifters, cruel fire demons and strange undead. And - and underneath it all..."
The young Cavalier breaks off, giving Viconia a nervous sidelong glance.
There is a sudden lightningbolt, and a peal of self-satisfied laughter from somewhere up ahead. Tancred and the rest of the party barely have time to look around when knives begin to fall from the sky; centred around Arch Lich Wah, in particular, but widespread enough to cause havoc to all.
The Cavalier draws sword, trying to bat knives out of the way before they reach him, but with limited success. Some bounce off his plate armour, but one gives him a nasty gash across the forehead as he runs towards the beleaguered arch Lich.
Wah is busy defending himself, but the remains of a small bird are strewn about the grass. Tancred curses, and begins the incantation of Raise Dead... hoping against hope it works on little crows.

OOC: I've adopted the term 'the Cavalier' to denote Tancred, as 'The Paladin' is also currently in use by Grinch...