View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 06:44 AM   #39
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Callum:
quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
If everything else fails, go and count sheeps.
This does of course have the unwanted side affect of waking up all itchy from the grass...

I agree with the exercise thing...

As for Christmas, I think its ridiculous to "respect other religions" by saying Happy Holidays or Season's Greetings. It is a *Christian* holiday, so call it by its Christian name. Besides which, I'm sure that there isn't a PC term for Hari Raya, or Deepavali. It's prejudiced against Christians to try and make them use a different name...
[/QUOTE]Years ago those would have been my exact words. But, I came to realise that non Christians don't really have a choice in this Holiday. They can't go to work or shopping on the 25th, so I we have to respect what they do during the Holiday. I don't celebrate gay pride and I cettainly don't want anybody sticking that in my face. Many of my Christian friends don't do Halloween because of what it represents, so they shouldn't have to here "happy halloween" all the time. Despite what we call it, lets make it great, love for fellow man etc. That's how the Holiday and Christianty should reveal itself!

Edit: sorry, I forgot, no smilies etc allowed here! (removed)

[ 12-06-2004, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]