View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 04:02 PM   #101
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
I was really surprised at the extent of things Sir Taliesin mentioned going on in his own unit during Desert Storm.

I don't know that sports quite fits that same set of criteria. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I was too. I thought people would be more professional than that. However I didn't tell this to bash women or as a reason to keep them out of the military, rather as an analogy as to what happens when the ole hormones start acting up and what it does to cohesion in the unit. I can only imagine that it is the same for gays that are in the military. It wasn't a good situation.

As for sports... I don't know. I have a couple gay friends and I used to workout with one and of course we were in the locker room together but it never bothered me. But I could see how others could be bothered by it.

BTW, I in regards to Majik's statement about Women in combat. I wouldn't have a problem with a all female combat unit. They'd be the nastiest fighting unit in the world! I sure wouldn't want to fight them. I've always said that females were the more vicious of the species!!!