View Single Post
Old 07-23-2001, 03:21 PM   #36
Haddar - Servant of Talos
The Magister

I have both Anomen and Jaheira in my current party. And if I had to leave someone I would leave Jaheira. Anomen is currently equipped with the Mace of Disruption +2 and a nice little shield and I have no intention to equip him with Crom Faeyr. That one is going into my PCs' hands, who is also a dual Fighter/Cleric =). I really like Fighter/Clerics because of their Combat abilities combined with some of the clerics really nasty spells. I just want to say that Draw Upon Holy Might is a good one if you have a Fighter/Cleric. That was not one of the nasty spells i was thinking of =). The clerics also have this little abilty calles "Turn Undead" which is very useful when you have levelled a couple of times.

Anyway, Jaheira is also worth having in your party. She can deal some damage in combat. I agree, she is not supposed to be in the frontline, not for me anyway, but she can summon those elementals and their burning rage which helps a lot. I use her as a backup in almost every aspect. A backup fighter (belm is truly a nice scimitar), a backup healer, a spell-disruptor (insect plague) and as a "summoner" (think of those elementals again). This whole backup-role really goes with my party, so her spot in my party is just as important as Anomens or anybody elses.

As for the Crom Faeyr. I believe all the trouble of getting the items and so is worth it. You guys say you lose two strengt-increasing items. But you only lose one. You get one back when Cromwell has made the hammer. And a really good hammer too! Do you really need 4 guys in the party with a strength of 18/00 and over? Sure, it can be helpful if you have 4 tanks or so, but then again, your tanks usually have a quite high basic strenght anyway. And not many people use 4 tanks either. The mages? They don't need 18/00 + strength. Clerics? Naaa, not really. But if you do need it sometime you have something called "M-A-G-I-C" or "P-O-T-I-O-N-S".

*Phew* This was a loooong post for me!