View Single Post
Old 02-25-2001, 06:22 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Gabriel, don't be silly! Of course people know who you are. Didn't you read a post I made where I said you were ready to take my mantle as Most Helpful? And the thread you created on Board Awards, didn't that go to 150+ on two separate threads? Cheer up! The first time I thought anything was wrong was when you posted this. Up till then I didn't think you had a problem or issue at all. I thought you were helpful to newbies and got on well with some of the other regulars. For example, this killing the founder thing - first I ever heard about it was now.

What I will say, and I hope you don't take offence because I just want to help,is that you may be taking things a bit too seriously. Think of this board as like being at a party. You can't talk to everyone all the time and get involved in everyone's threads all the time. Likewise, you can't expect everyone to notice you all the time especially if there are other threads/timezones/stuff going on. You may need to be a bit realistic about your expectations. I've been on this forum for 3 months now and I don't expect everyone to notice everything I wrote. People are on different timezones and are looking at different things. I post oneliners at those spam threads and don't expect people to respond.

Also, don't think of it as a contest - who posts the most or who has the longest thread is the most popular and all that. That's a load of bullshit. There are people like Rikard who hardly post (6.1 ppd!! ) yet they are respected and liked here. As YOU are! Why be bitter when other posts exceed yours? Quality not quantity my friend! And most of the other posts that go 100+ are spam posts that people are posting for fun, so don't measure yourself against that.

Please realize that different people may be drawn to different threads, and threads can take a life of their own, that is an inescapable fact of message boards. Just like different people gravitate to different things/conversations at a party. But everyone mingles, you do eventually get your time. And don't forget, in those roleplaying spam posts, people are roleplaying...don't take it personally.

I hope this doesn't sound harsh because it's not meant to be at all. If you do decide to go, that's your prerogative. BUT, I wouldn't want you to go feeling bitter and unloved - because that's not the case at all.

Hope to hear from you soon.