View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 11:21 PM   #28
wellard
Dracolisk

Aelia Jusa That was a wonderfully composed essay and interesting to get an insight by someone involved close enough to see the real devastation that is still ongoing. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

When I first came to Australia over a couple of decades ago I was so disappointed to see cliché groups of Aboriginals drunk and fighting amongst themselves outside the odd bar. Of course it took me a long time to realise that I was just being blind to the larger groups of pissed Australians doing the same thing in more bars but that was so normal to me I overlooked them!

I know a lot of money is being spent now though maybe (almost certainly) not in the right areas. A hundred years of stolen generations where all aboriginal children where taken from there parents and given to white families to be often abused and treated like slaves only stopped in 1969 The concept of land being given back to the Aboriginal communities as there own property rather than a gift only came about in 1992

What are the answers to the disgrace? I don’t know, I guess time like Illumina Drathiran'ar says will certainly help

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote