View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 05:11 PM   #118
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:

If you liked the original comics check out the new Dreamwave stuff, especially the trade paperbacks, good stuff!
Yeah, the Dreamwave comics are quite good I guess. The first G1 6-parter was actually quite awful (bought issues as they were released through Dutch stores, but the decompressed story telling really got on my nerves - and after 6 issues, we still had zero character development and only a storyline that could have fitted in only one issue, or at least that's the impression I got).
Things got slightly better with the second G1 6-parter, though they kinda lost me with all the Vector Sigma mumbo jumbo, which felt more like a deus ex machina than a really interesting plotline. The current ongoing G1-series is getting better and better, though; especially the fact that Furman only focuses on a few characters (Starscream, Sunstorm, Bumblebee, Jetfire, Jazz, Sunstreaker and Sideswipe) really does help to tighten the focus tremendously.
Didn't care all that much for the War Within and GI Joe vs TF stuff, but perhaps I'll give those a shot at a later time.
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote