View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 05:52 AM   #1
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Here's the deal. My younger brother, on account of his insane amount of time spent playing the game Knight Online, has been limited by my father to one hour a day. However, as he didn't seem particularly adverse to breaking that condition (going on the computer after my parents sleep, or when they leave the house, etc.) my Dad asked me to put a password on the computer so he would need someone to log him in each time. All fine and dandy, until we realised that with an administrator account, he can easily create a new, temporary, account to play, or can remove the password, without having to enter the password. So I changed his account to a limited account, to prevent this. This would work fine, except that his game doesn't seem to work in a limited account.

The game Knight Online seems to almost load, but then some program called hackshield gives an error (either Error 107 or Error 1307, can't remember which, if you are interested) when trying to load the program. So we have to give him an admin account so he can use it at all. It's clearly a lot of trouble to check each accounts password after every time he plays, so I'm looking for another solution.

Is there anyway to make the game work? Or prevent an administrator account from removing passwords, or creating accounts, without requiring a password itself?

Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]