View Single Post
Old 11-23-2001, 06:50 PM   #17
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I think you can continue adding prof points all the way. You can with Anomen so I assume everyone else can do it too. Fighters get six stars at the begginning right? I would recommend this combo myself:

Long Sword ** (and get the Daystar early on. By god that sword kicks a$$)
Katana ** (and use the Dakkon Zerth Blade. You have to have the add on items for that - but you can download them from somewhere I am sure)
Two Weapon Style **

When you go to a mage give them the prof point in sling (you don't get the option of adding it to your existing ones. You count as a mage until you get to one level higher than you dualled at, so no long swords or katanas for a while). You want to keep the char away from monsters where possible due to appalling ThAC0 so a missile weapon is a good idea.

When you have the fighter skills back keep adding to the above weapons. I recommend adding to Two Weapon Style first as otherwise you will consistantly miss everything with both weapons. The penalties to ThAC0 are quite large unless you have maxed out in this.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe