View Single Post
Old 01-28-2002, 03:03 PM   #4
Erydian
Manshoon

I agree with Warhammer that your Rogue and Ninja sort of overlap, but I'd suggest a bard or gadgeteer instead (for some extra firepower). Or, if you wanted access to some psionic spells - a monk. You already have characters that can use spells from the Wizardy, Alchemy, and Divinity Realms, might be nice to have a psionic caster as well.

Generally speaking, I personally prefer to specialize in two statistics per character when distributing my level up points - that way I get to 100 (and those special skills) sooner. I usually choose the two that I feel best benefit the character, and distribute my level up points into those two categories until I've got them to the levels that I want them (in most cases, 100). At character creation, if possible, I divide my points into the two stats that I want to focus on, and then put the rest of them in other areas that I feel are important (usually the stat that I think I will be raising once I've maxed the other two). This is just something that I do, and something that works well for me; everyone has their preferences.

I also agree that speed and especially senses are of importance for your ninja, or really any character that has the ability to critically hit (kill) in combat. For your ninja, I'd put 3 points into SPD, and 3 into SEN. You won't see many criticals towards the beginning of the game (and less if you ignore senses), but you should later on, and I have a feeling you're going to like them.

You're definately going to want to up your INT and PIE for your mage. I usually don't bother with VIT until later on, and even then, I prefer SPD (for initiative). I just surround my casters with my meatshields, and usually they're ok. However, you might want to consider VIT for your priest - mine tends to get smacked around alot, and I'm definitely glad he's got the hps to survive the beating so he can heal the rest of us. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The two fighter bit is okay in my opinion. Not being hybrids, they'll develop faster, and if you do elect to take a monk or ranger instead of your rogue, you might want them. Ninjas, monks, samurai, etc. all tend to develop slower (and are therefore less effective at the beginning stages of the game) but they become extremely powerful at later levels.

Overall it sounds like a pretty good party. Have fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: Erydian ]