View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 09:03 AM   #5
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Some scenes were downright miserable.
For example-how Neville managed to kill the snake? He charged at the snake and no one (!!!) did anything about it, not even the snake. It could have at least duck or something, let alone simply kill him.

I did not exactly understood why Malfoy's mother let Harry live, with her question-is Malfoy alive? What did she care about Harry? For all she knew Voldemort was still invincible, and Harry's death was optimal for her. At the very least she could have slit his throat to make sure that he is dead. But nooo, she does some unexplainable idiocy to the merriment of the author, instead of slitting his throat and searching for her precious son. No one was threatening Draco, so her behavior is simply inconsistent.

Escaping by the brooms...now this is really a masterpiece. Vernon was escaping by car, what was the problem of calling taxi, enchant the driver and be off?

One more thing. Half of the wizards were muggle born. Did not they hear about guns??? You can't duck a bullet (unlike curses). Instead of trading curses from five meter distance, put a slug in your opponents head and be over with it. Wizard's lack of basic muggle knowledge bordered in these seven books on idiocy. Muggle born (like Hermione) did not impress me with deep insights either.

I am disappointed with these books.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote