View Single Post
Old 11-01-2001, 02:04 PM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

WAAHOO!!!!

I did it! I completed SoA solo with a Cavalier. Dragons and vampires were a joke against my Cavalier, I look forward to ToB for greater challenges. The following contains spoilers for Chapter 6 and 7 and the Twisted Rune. The following also contains spoilers on special abilities that Cavaliers get in ToB. You have been forewarned.
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Some things I have learnt during the course of the game, Cavaliers are absolutely brutal against Dragons, Demons and Vampires. Cavaliers are also extremely resistant to most elements if you tool them properly.

Hardiness + Armour of Faith = 65% Damage Reduction, very useful when engaged in a prolonged battle where hits on you are almost certain, this is assuming a Cavalier of level 20.

Barkskin, a useful spell until you get better armour, I replaced it with Draw Upon Holy Might later in the game. Speaking of which, I used Draw Upon Holy Might often to boost my Cavalier's life and to enable him to bash open most locks.

Free Action, possibly one of the spells that contributed most to the success of the campaign. This spell negates Slow, Entanglement, Web, Stun, etc... I used it all the way to the end.

Turn Undead, see undead, no more undead.

Greater Whirlwind, this also helped a lot, especially against tough foes with lots of Hp, and against swarms of enemies.

The following link is a captioned screenshot gallery of events that lead to the finale, it contains, in order of appearance, Bodhi, Suldanessler, Twisted Rune, Black Dragon, Tree of Life and finally, the Nine Hells.

Enjoy!

Got any questions you want to ask me on this? Post away! I will try to answer as best as I can.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of Aerie Loving Sacred Band!
-------------------------
Party Sorcerer Spell List, v1.03
Dragon Slaying Tips
For your daily dosage of insanity,