View Single Post
Old 11-20-2000, 11:49 AM   #10
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

hey slip, gaijin

The best RPG I have played to date was called "Dungeons of Daggorath"...it was released for the Tandy Color Computer in the early 80's. Real time combat...and I must say, it was the most original, unique and utterly scary as hell RPG I have ever seen.

I actually finished it, the hardest game I have ever completed on any video game system (and I've played many, let me tell you).

By today's standards it would be quite lame, but I just remember doing my save games on a cassette recorder that failed 75% of the time! It was so friggin scary, you could hear your heart beating, monsters approaching you. A god awful interface made playing it a real pain, and your character would pass out, faint, etc. I hope I could find it on emulation some day...a true classic.

I'm working on a new story for your site about the life of a teenage RPG player, and all the dumb thing me and my crazy friends did trying to play those silly games.

I dont think I've ever lost a girlfriend over a game, I'd gladly toss a computer out the window for a nice gal anyday.

Scronan