Thread: The Lichs
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2001, 02:22 PM   #10
Gavin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just found this guy for the first time last night, what a surprise! You'd think a town of undead would vote a Lich to be their mayor! There I was, just having nuked the mayor and his cronies with a daystar spell, thinking I as walking in nice and easy into a treasure room, when boom! Out comes a lich and some mummies and the like!

Caught with my armoured pantaloons around my ankles, I hastily had Viconia fire up Repulse Undead and summmoned some nasties to fight the cannon fodder, while my main character (16 lvl Cavalier) and Korgan waded in to the lich.

Damn! He cast protection from magic weapons. Back off and fire in the pierce magic/remove protections spells.

Finally I can hit him again and wade in with the big guns (both wielding +4 two handed slaughter blades)

Looking over I see Viconia and the summoned cru are making short work of the cronies, that should be cleaned up soon..

WUMPA! The Lich switches to demi-lich mode, and simultaneously (contingency spell?) detonates a Horrid Wilting spell! Imoen goes down like cordwood, and my main character is taken to within a coupla points of ded. I run him off (he's sporting the very rapid healing regeneration ring on one fingy) while Korgan takes it to the b***turd.

A few seconds later this battle is all over, but not the way I planned. The lich manages to get off a damage spell on my main character before he can heal and he goes down.

SO. The biggest danger BY FAR was that Horrid Wilting spell that seemed to go off when his first form died, possibly a result of a contingency spell.

Tonight I'll be ready for the fight and will cast the repulse undead before the fight, and go in with daystar and false dawn ready to go, with mass protection from evil for everybody. And I'll remember to jump clear before his first form dies.

Gavin.