Thread: Own game
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2001, 06:00 AM   #26
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Something I just thought of concerning your monster problem without infringing copyrights is to create your own. I cant remember if its in the AD&D dungeon masters guide or if its in one of the monster manuals but theres a section where you can create your own monsters and it tells you how to do it along with stuff like if the creature has any special attacks. The more special attacks it has the more XP it will be worth and so on. I used to dungeon master games games for my brothers and friends and it got to the point where they were such high level and they had killed everything but the Tarask(sp) (cuz you cant kill a Tarask) so I had to start creating monsters just so theyd have something interesting to fight. So that might be a way for you to go.

As for npc's defecting it could be something like Yoshi in BG2. How many that defect is up to you. If you put 50 npc's that could possibly join your party you need a limit on how many you can have in the party. That way when the defectors leave you can go back into town and pick up some more npcs to fill your party back out. Also when it comes time for the huge battle you can have your trusted npc's place next to the questionable ones ready to attack them.

I have to ask if youve read the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan??? Ill try to get an email to you sometime tonight or tomorrow. also once weve exchanged emails and if you have it we can add eachother on msn messenger to discuss this a lil more quickly than through email.

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!