Thread: Own game
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2001, 12:27 PM   #21
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

this reminds me of the Thomas Covenant series. I know one of those books was called Lord Fouls Bane. I think there were 3 books in all and they started out pretty well but it got more and more boring as it went along. By the time I finished the third book it was by shear force of will. I hated reading all those hours to quit 50 pages from the end and not know how it finished. IT SUCKED.

As for not limiting how many characters you can have in the party youre going to run into some serious problems on that. I think if you limit it to about 8 members youll have a decent level of control. Realisticly you wouldnt be able to manage 100 or even 20 very well. Maybe not even 10. If you want big battles it will turn into a strategy game and lose all its RPG characteristics.

Im a little unclear as to whether it was just one guy who got sent through the portal to the alternate Earth or if his friends went with him.

You caould always try it like this: your party gets sucked through the portal.
As the story unfolds you have the chance to gather new party members (keeping it an RPG) then 3/4ths into the story your party members will become Generals each with his or her own talents and skills. Those party members will ahve to lead 10,000 troops each into a huge pitched battle against the forces of evil.(this would take on the strategy feeel of the game.)

Do any DEFECT to the other side???? How many???? What was the outcome of the battle???? Was it all just a distraction so that your core party could make it to the gates of hell then battle their way to Satan and termintate him???

Were all the Dragons Satans minions to distract the hero??? I could give ya more ideas than you could count. (Im a schizophrenic Gemini hehehehehe)