Thread: Ziroc
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 10:05 AM   #26
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Good post Lennon, but I chose the domain setup out of necessity. Remember (maybe you don't?) That I originally had the forums on tgeweb, and they killed all my cgi access because the forum generated over 40 GIGS of bandwidth a month.

I decided to split the forum off from the website and host it separately (which lowers bandwidth, and saves some money). I like how it is now really. And the sub domain thing I don't care for. [img]smile.gif[/img] But Readyhosting sucks anyway, and everyone remembers their support sucked. They said I would need a dedicated machine for the bandwidth I was chewing up, and would cost 299 a MONTH. Well, I would rather host it HERE at home, where I control everything for that price Ya know?

90% of tgeweb is dynamic SSI. Only my graphics section is yet converted. So that's no biggie. But yeah, the Google Ads look to be something that might work. Dunno. Ad sales are crappy right now. We'd need 1000's of clicks a week to make $100 even. (I miss the late 90's when ad sales kicked ass)

Anyway, the domains are fine, and I would indeed loose visitors if I changes things, so I don't want upset that. Sooner or later I will move the Ironworks Gaming area strictly to the ironworksgaming.com domain though, and tgeweb.com will become my 'All Artwork' personal site again. But other than that, naaa..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album