View Single Post
Old 02-13-2002, 08:15 AM   #31
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

This article sounds like every whiney looser who ever complained that they didnt get ahead because the "Boss" had it in for them...that they are way better than the competition...when in fact what is really happening is that the complainer just isn't good enough at playing the game to succeed...Raw talent, Pure strength, Better technical ability...these things can never comapre to the sheer RAW POWER of OFFICE POLITICS!

Well, it seems things have been fixed in the past. I can remember that i saw a documentary about a Roumanian or Russian ex-gymnast and she aswell as her trainers clearly sad that the judges made 'arrangements' before the competition. It wasn't as such that they got payed but that they talked and decided beforehand who was going to win medals. Of course if an athelete would make a very noticable mistake, like falling down, they couldn't do that anymore but in a sense it was rigged from the start. If it can happen in gymnastics it can happen in figure skating.