View Single Post
Old 10-19-2001, 12:08 PM   #16
Garnet

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
I find most folks who crack software, wouldn't have bought it to begin with. The only thing that keeps me from buying games is the price 40-50 bucks for a CD is a bit steep. If games were about 25$ I would buy a lot more of them. 40$ wouldn't even be bad if all the games were good. Unfortunately, about 1 out of 3 games I buy is Ho-hum or total trash. The last big mistake I made was buying Odium. I didn't think it was possible for a game to suck so bad! Talk about a total waste of money! I also bought Age of Empires and was a bit disappointed. It was OK, but nothing special if you've played starcraft. Your research tree disappears quickly and the strategy wasn't too hard to figure out. It would probably be better to play against someone on a network.

::nods:: Hubby got Odium. Definite yuck. He plays it (goes against the grain to spend good money and let the stupid thing just sit) but doesn't enjoy it much. And the kids won't even touch it--so you know it must suck!

What I can't figure (naive alert) is why Shadow of Amn cost $50 or so when ToB is only like $30. ????? Maybe I'm just simple-minded.

Garnet