View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #5
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
Default Re: Feature request: transparancy for smallpics

To use the sprite graphics in an event, you have the choices of "up close", "nearby", and "far away" that are supposed to equate to the distance from the party that the encounter or combat takes place at. Therefore, unless you know some kind of trick, you couldn't display a sprite graphic, complete with transparency, with more than the standard 3 frames.

Now, if we could use the settings given for all of the other graphics, which include the size of the graphic displayed, number of frames, animation style, looping and loop count, ect... If the sprites had that info attached to them like all other graphics then the sprites could be 3 frames, 5 frames, 100 frames, whatever! and to me, the idea of having transparancy and more than 3 frames would be the holy grail of sprite-dom. I mean, granted I'm not much of an artist at this point but I could see you step into a square where I have an example of a spite event set up and this special event just shows an animated sprite (more than 3 frames ) and it has a person you are chasing after walk across the viewport at a distance and you see them walk thru a door or around a corner. Now, its given that you see them and assumed that they see you, but if you follow are you walking into a trap???

thats my rant for now.

ST the ranter