View Single Post
Old 09-23-2003, 07:44 AM   #33
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

As usual, some excellent points by Yorick and some good points on the other side too IMO. For the record I believe in creation AND evolution i.e. the story in genesis is symbolic: the 7 days should not be taken literally, for that is against the rules God has created for this world. Instead they represent 7 stages each lasting millions or billions of years - the times calculated scientifically for the evolution of stars, planets etc. Now I don't know about anyone else, but the way I look at it is: can you ask ANY object in the world "did you create yourself" and it will answer "yes"? I don't think so. No atom can say that. There must've been something before the big bang. Why is it so hard to believe that one being is the source of everything? SOMETHING must be the source... the rest is detail...it takes a lot more faith to believe in randomness than a thought-out planned creation, after all look how well the world functions - simple nuclei of protons and neutrons with electrons whizzing round have become humans who can think, feel and learn. The Bible is one source that backs up this theory of one being creating everything. If you believe the first step, the next steps follow. Just my thoughts.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray