Thread: Freaked Brits
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004, 07:48 AM   #1
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

Arrow

Recently the government in the UK has tried to stem the current fear in the public of terrorism. Muslim groups have sent helped draft leaflets for the muslim comunities explaing there rights in the UK as citizens. I always felt that this so called "fear" was concocted by the press and didn't really exist until this weekend.
I went to London on a weekend holiday and on Saturday the 25th with family in tow we went to the ceremony of the changing of the guard at Buckingham palace. As the band headed our way I noticed a large Asian man pushing through the crowds to my left. He bumped into a couple of Americans who did the normal "what the hell" line. He was sweating and shaking pretty bad adn that immedietly sent warning siganls blaring through my head. With his large jacket and appearence I immedietly expected the worst. Just behind the barrier a mounted police woman watched on. Not sure whether to run or shout I did neither and stood there, everyone was watching the parade and taking photos. they did not see what i thought was a real suicide bomber. This all happened within 10 seconds and it took only 1 second for himm to scuttle off in another direction.
This just proved to me that yes the fear of terrorism is really there and the extreme feeling I had shocked me. Although this was only some strange guy I know now how thinking it's all coming to an end would feel. This was genuine. I also realised how vulnerable we all are as if he had fufilled my expectations the General would not be talking to you now.