View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 04:48 PM   #20
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Morguerat

Though he could not see her eyes he could feel the weight of her stare, he imagined it must feel similar to the effect others described his own gaze to possess. He imagined how he must look to her, a large imposing male, scruffy looking at first glance, though his beard was actually well groomed, if a bit longer than he liked to keep it. It was natural for a lone woman to be worried, although for her to be out here alone, she must either possess extraordinary skills, magic, or live nearby. Any one of which could justify her defensiveness.

I am both well and in need of no assistance. However, if you were heading out of the forest I wouldn’t mind traveling together. Night isn’t too far off and there is always more safety to be found in numbers. If you find this offer agreeable, the only thing I request is that we not work under a false pretense of trust. I know you no more than you know me and trust is not something I give of freely. I can however, give you my word on Kaelin’Dar that I intend you no harm if none is meant against me.” Her words, although simple and firm, rolled off her lips no less eloquently than one would expect from one of regal inheritance. Another unfortunate side effect…

She had immediately dispelled the third option, which left four options left, either she was highly skilled in woodcraft, or reasonably powerful in dweomercraft, both, or neither. He continued watching her as he scanned for any tricks, or traps he might have missed on his virst visual inspection before he spoke. “I must apologize for my rudeness, I am Morguerat, formerly of the Paladins of Keldorn’s Order, the Ironworks branch of the Radiant Heart. I left my companions a few miles from here when I heard the cry. You are welcome to join us. I would hear of your gawd, Calin-der was it? In return I will tell you of Helm if you would listen.” He was a bit curious about her need to conceal her features, women of noble birth seldom took pains to do so unless they were involved in an enterprise that would bring shame upon their lineage.

ooc that was me poking a bit of fun at the name of your deity, not Morguerat mocking him/her/it he is sincerely curious.