View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 04:21 PM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

I was really looking forward to WoW (my first MMOG) until I learnt that it's everyone just kills and gets high levels.

Is this true?

Basically I want:

1. a game where everyone isn't level 900 and there is a wide spectrum of abilities/monsters and things to do...

2. where u can relax or fight monsters and everyone isn't rushing to kill each other.

3. where it is vaguely D&D like without being too different

4. NOT guildwars, as i dislike the idea of being disattached with rest of the world. I like travelling long journey's and having people ambush me... it feels real.

Is there a MMOG that resembles this?

Luvian pretty much summed it up.

The level difference really depends on your area in WoW. Naturally there are some places where you will frequently find higher level chars than yourself. This is generally typical of when you are first entering a new region. However, as you progress you will notice that the level difference isn't so bad. But do keep in mind there are always areas where there will be high level characters, often those are frequently raided.

I've been around Kalimdor mainly, in zones such as the barrens, mulgore, durotar, ashenvale, and more. Now these things don't mean anything to you (unless you know enough about WoW). But the great things about Blizzards system of zone dividement is that each zone pertains to a certain level range, so you will almost always been around the same level with your fellow players.

And also, Blizz made a pretty good level cap of 60 and that is very hard and long to reach, especially if you have a life/job/school. Rushing the game makes it worse. I've had the game for a month now and I am just about to hit lvl 29.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote