View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 02:01 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

I was really looking forward to WoW (my first MMOG) until I learnt that it's everyone just kills and gets high levels.

Is this true?

Basically I want:

2. where u can relax or fight monsters and everyone isn't rushing to kill each other.

Is there a MMOG that resembles this?

Wow is like this, especially on the alliance side.

There are plenty of people of all levels.

I have a level 33, a level 18, a couple level 10-12s, a level 20...

I've been doing tons of different characters and questing. I also tried out all tradeskills. It's fun.

Wow is the game that has the most quests and things to do. That' why I'm playing this game. I too am tired of just standing in one spot for hours killing the same respawning monsters over and over to raise my level the fastest.

My level 33 character has been questing and grouping a lot. I even outleveled 3-4 zones I could have explored/quested in, because all my other quest leveled me already.

This mean that you can't explore everything in one game. I've explored a lot on Kalimdor, the western continent, but I've only visited one area on the eastern one. I'm looking foward to making a new character and exploring those zones.

I'll also have to make two horde characters, so that I can explore the quests they got on those continents too.

In every mmorpgs there are people that just want to level and rush to get the level cap as soon as possible. There will always be someone higher level than you. If you can't accept that, then mmorpgs are not for you...

People aren't killing each other, at least not on non-pvp servers, by the way...

Wow is the game that is the most quest oriented and casual player friendly I've played.

Edit: You can pvp on non pvp server, either if you active pvp on your character by typing /pvp, by attacking someone that has pvp activated, of by going to the upcoming battlegrounds.

[ 01-24-2005, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]