View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 09:49 AM   #18
aVENGER_[RR]
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Re: Rogue Rebalancing mod v3.7 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyich View Post
No, I don't have the SoTM yet, I opened the door and then ran away as quickly as I could after the Assassins saw me, which triggered Aran's Trigger but not his dialogue which results in the big metal door locking.
Good catch, I'll fix that too for v3.8.

Quote:
Also I couldn't help noticing that there were less thieves for me to fight than the first time I did this component with a party. I think that the number of thieves should stay constant regardless of party makeup.
Hmm, the number of the thieves should stay the same regardless of the number of party members. Only a Difficulty Level change (i.e. Core Rules vs. Normal) would affect that. Did you per chance play a different (earlier) version of the mod with a full party?

Quote:
I also noticed the absence of Renal and the Fence, I believe they should be added to their relevant floors as "Lieutenants" with at least a 5x Backstab and magic weapons. Renal could have a +3 Short Sword and the Fence can have a +2 weapon, after all, they both have access to them.
Renal is missing from the fight in the unmodded game as well. I think Bioware deliberately did this since he is a canonic FR character (in the books) so I chose not to include him as well. As for Marina, well, let's just say that she's too much of an opportunist to blindly follow orders which spell out certain death.

Quote:
Also Gaelan Bayle's Fence should have a contingent of thieves as guards as well, identical to Gaelan's guards would be fine.
Well, in Rogue Rebalancing Arledrian (the fence) has a separate agenda from Gaelan and the Shadow Thieves. If you do his quest (which incidentally requires that you side with the Shadow Thieves rather than with Bodhi) you'll see what I mean.

Quote:
In terms of AI scripts, the thieves are as good as anything I have seen in any mod.
Thanks! BTW, how did you like their scroll use?
aVENGER_[RR] is offline   Reply With Quote