View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 08:38 AM   #17
Ilyich
Dungeon Master

Default Re: Rogue Rebalancing mod v3.7 released

BTW, did your character per chance go invisible via Staff of the Magi + Cloak of Non-Detection right at the start of the battle with Aran? That might have triggered the bug since Aran's AI was not taking this into account in v3.71.

No, I don't have the SoTM yet, I opened the door and then ran away as quickly as I could after the Assassins saw me, which triggered Aran's Trigger but not his dialogue which results in the big metal door locking.

BTW, since you actually managed to solo the entire Shadow Thief Improvements, (a great feat, since the encounters were designed with a full party in mind) would you mind posting your impressions of the combat and perhaps some of the tactics that you used? I'd really like to get more feedback on the the Shadow Thief Improvements component.

Due to doing the component relatively late in chapter 3 and my Kens/Mage being level 13/19, I found the fights relatively easy with Stoneskin, Spell Immunity (for Charm, Confusion and Feeblemind spells) and Protection from Normal Weapons for near complete immunity to the lesser thieves attacks. I also used Invisibility potions to "Backstab" their mages. In terms of equipment I was dual-wielding CFury and Sanchuudoku (off-hand) with Vecna and Boots of Speed with 5 points in Katana and 3 in dual-wielding. I just beat them to death after the buffs.

Also I couldn't help noticing that there were less thieves for me to fight than the first time I did this component with a party. I think that the number of thieves should stay constant regardless of party makeup. I also noticed the absence of Renal and the Fence, I believe they should be added to their relevant floors as "Lieutenants" with at least a 5x Backstab and magic weapons. Renal could have a +3 Short Sword and the Fence can have a +2 weapon, after all, they both have access to them. Also Gaelan Bayle's Fence should have a contingent of thieves as guards as well, identical to Gaelan's guards would be fine.

In terms of AI scripts, the thieves are as good as anything I have seen in any mod.

Last edited by Ilyich; 09-20-2007 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Mispelled could, elaboration on tactics.
Ilyich is offline   Reply With Quote