View Single Post
Old 06-16-2001, 09:05 PM   #43
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaelic:
The Kyoto treaty had some good concepts, however, the targets and goals were not based on science. That is why nobody ratified it. You see, people get nowhere when they exercise extremism.
Ah. One hates to be picky, but again you're saying that no one has ratified the treaty and it just ain't so. As to the science not supporting it, you seem to be making an interesting statement here but with no evidence to back it up. Please do elaborate in order to open up this debate.

Igor782 (btw, can I call you Igor for short, just as Billikins is a perfectly good name for me), very interesting CO maps. I shall have a good stooge around on these come monday. At a guess, and this is only a guess they look like the effect of fires. As I said I'll do some digging on this (current work project permitting, work-wise things are hectic at the moment).

As to what can be done: well, the old motto of "Think global, act local" applies. Personally, I cycle the 7 miles to work. Not only do I save roughly £3000 a year, I also don't need to go to the gym and I'm the most wide awake person in my office come 8:30!

One last thing for Gaelic, and I'm flagging cos its sunday morning now, and I've had a nice night out but, you enjoy scuba diving hey? Cool, same here. Recently spent a week diving in the Red Sea: man, there's some nice dives there. I have a feeling that I may be just a leeetle jealous as I guess you can go wet suit diving near where you live! Not quite the same in the UK, but never mind. Hopefully off to Thailand (again) for a month over Christmas to do the Similians.

{edited cos I forgot what day of the week it was... duh}

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!

[This message has been edited by Billikins the Bold (edited 06-16-2001).]