View Single Post
Old 06-13-2003, 01:12 PM   #23
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Ebay! I love Ebay! It's a collector's and hobbyist's haven! It's great for computer stuff too! I use it to purchase X-mas gifts I could otherwise not find or afford. There are a fair share of bad deals on Ebay too. You have to be careful and savvy. You also have to accept that every once in a while, you'll get ripped off if you want to get the rock bottom prices. In hundreds of transactions, I've only had four bad deals. One piece of equipment was repairable, one item was not as advertised, one was a CDRW scam (perp was prosecuted, 50$ loss), and I got ripped off by a computer store that went belly up before sending out my bare bones system. That was by far the worst. I lost $240 on that one. Still, when I calculate the amount I've saved, it far outweighs the loss. I've saved more than that on one Xmas! Hummel figures and pawn shop jewelry in particular. I get them for 20-25% of what it costs locally! I've picked up an impressive amethyst tennis bracelet for about 25% of what it cost locally! I've picked up three Hummels for about the same! Ham radio equipment is unbelievable!