View Single Post
Old 01-29-2001, 01:17 AM   #3
turbovee
Elminster

I completely disagree!!!

Unless your cheating, the game takes a lot more strategy to defeat monsters like dragons, liches and wizards throughout the game. The NPC's in the game finally have character rather than just joining your party for some hack and slash. They come with side quests that make them valuable to the game. Granted your romances are with elves, but you rather have a relationship with a half-orc? The reputation thing was the same in BG1 and anyway if you wanted to kill everything in sight isn't that what games like DOOM and Duke Nukem were for? The game play for this game is much more complicated and took longer to complete than BG1 and TOTSC. If they added more areas the game would be longer and take more hard drive space. Remember marketing to an average consumer right? A Nalia romance might be a victim of this factor. I agree with the ladies that they should have made more than just one option for a female romance, but again marketing had a big role in that decision. AD&D is full of exotic magical items and if this is what you are referring to as being the easy factor in the side quests thats part of the AD&D game. Get your character experienced and get good items so that you can get to the meat of the game and kick butt. The only thing I don't understand completely is the dude blowing himself to bits in the Trademeet Inn.