View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 08:20 PM   #21
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

You can't add points to sneak attack, until epic levels, when I think you get improved sneak? For a rogue, dex is a must, as is int. But the primary thing is dex. I'd use either the Pharaun set with no dex penalties, or, ta da, Shadowsilk, and I'd kick those kukris to the curb, and use daggers; Drow Dark Dagger, and Ancient Dagger of Shadows. You'll be able to get shadow dancer probably around lvl 8 or 9, depending on feat selection/hide & MS skills. Take weapon finesse, you'll need it. For SD, you'll need 8 hide, 10 ms, and 5 tumble. Dodge and Mobility feats are also required. By the time you can actually take SD, before lvl 20, you should surpass all of the skills required, and the feats should be at the top of any dex based char. Also, down the line, you might want to look into Epic Dodge...Focus in daggers, but don't dual wield, the extra attacks really aren't worth the penalties, especially deeper down the well. Start with at least a 16 dex, and if you're willing to give up some cha, go ahead and make it 18. Since you're not a paladin, cha is wasted anyway.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote