View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 12:00 PM   #8
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Default Re: This city deserves a better class of criminal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
And I feel like the guy was just doing a little RPing
A little RPing with some very serious real life consequences. Hence my comment, "Welcome to the Real World".

This is one problem with movies, games and TV shows. They don't reflect the actual consequences characters face for the actions they take, so kids think they can do what they want and not get in trouble. Unfortunately, that is NOT the way it works in real life.

This "joker" may have considered his actions to be a harmless prank, but he attempted to steal items that didn't belong to him and damaged or destroyed some in the process. That is not harmless nor is it a prank. As he discovered, it is a felony offense that carries very serious consequences. Worst case scenario is that he could possibly spend 2-3 years of his life in a federal prison because of his "RPing". Prisons don't separate prisoners based on the severity of their crimes. They don't have a wing for "young kids who did something stupid" and another wing for "hardcore murderers". They all go in together.

As I said before, there is nothing funny, humorous, amusing or clever about his actions. And what he did is certainly nothing to admire or LOL about.