View Single Post
Old 06-05-2003, 08:21 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

All of the pics in IWD and IWD2 must be in BMP format but the sizes are different. The IWD2 pics are 210 x 330 (L) and 42 x 42 (S) while the IWD pics are 110 x 170 (L) and 38 x 60 (S); so the pictures are NOT interchangeable. It's not too difficult to reformat an IWD2 pic for use in IWD but the converse is NOT true. Expanding an IWD portrait by 100% (i.e. virtually doubling the size) results in VERY grainy and pixellated images.

Pyrius, I wish I could tell you for sure that the site was going back up. Here's the story:

The site went done due to some billing issues with our old website provider. It stayed down because my partner, Mike, had some committments in the Middle East with the US Army that required his attention and quite frankly, I had time constraints of my own. Now that he is back in the good ol' USA, and my schedule has relaxed a bit, we are talking about getting the site back on line. I thought we would be further along at this point but Mike has finished his military obligations and his time is being spent adjusting to life as a civilian. I would definitely like to get the site back on line as we have a LOT of new portraits to add. The NWN custom portrait count is now well over 200, with a high percentage of those being totally new and NOT seen on our site previously or for that matter from content that neither Mike or I have seen on ANY other site. So, right now I don't know what to tell you.

As a further aside, I tend to do most of my portrait work on NWN portraits. It actually simple to create a IWD2 portrait once the H size .tga portrait is done for NWN. So almost all of the IWD2 ports that I do are conversions from my NWN work. That isn't always true as some ports do NOT work well for NWN but make great IWD2 ports. It's more a matter of size and subject matter. [img]smile.gif[/img]

If you are looking for something in particular, send me an email or a pm and let me know what you need. I'm sure I have something that will work for you.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote