Thread: soloing...
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2002, 07:10 AM   #9
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
JI, the way you are doing it is not strictly soloing. Strict soloists like myself do not, under any circumstances, allow a NPC to join us. Imoen forced herself into your party at the start? Kick her out once you are done talking.

The only concession that strict soloists will allow is Valgar. If you are good-aligned and do not wish to kill him, you may take him in and use him to open the door of the Planar Sphere.

NOTE! This is his only role! If you encounter any random encounters, you are supposed to reload and avoid them, because a soloist has to earn all his/her Exp by him/herself. After opening the door, the soloist kicks Valgar out.

On a side note, I usually kill him and just use his body to open the door.

A genuine soloist will also not cheat. That is, no giving oneself equipment at the start.

Oh... and the difficulty level is Insane of course. We are talking about giving oneself a challenge here.
Valygar is the only exception to that rule that i allow myself, and yes you do have to play on insane [img]smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Irenicus:
Hmmm..... learned something today. But dont u think that not doing those NPC side quests is kind of stink? And in the beginning hanging around that dungeon without a thief is gonna have u ended up being blasted to pieces by those traps...
Usually when you are soloing, you know the game in such depth, that you know where all the traps are. Other possible ways of getting around the traps are: being a mage (most people(me included) take either a mage or multi/dual classed mage) and casting protective spells, or being a fighter so you have enough hp to survive the traps.

[ 09-06-2002, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: White Lancer ]
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote