Thread: Help a newbi
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2001, 07:34 AM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
Sorry Jan - would help but have never played a berserker before. I would have thought as with all fighters a high Dex Str and Con are useful. Although Berserkers can't use missile weapons so maybe the Dex isn't that important. Try going for as high a strength as possible, might be an idea to try as a Half Orc. The problem is that you miss out on lots of the plot if you are not human or half elf for some reason. Although apparently you can download patches to deal with that. Can someone who knows what they are talking about please post here - would greatly appreciate it...

Well, LOTS of the plot would be slightly exaggerated, but you are correct in that half-orcs cannot have a romance (logical, really - I wouldn't want an icky green-skinned halforc either ). And yes, you are also correct that there are patches that can be downloaded to overcome that problem (I think you'll find them on Baldurdash)
BTW, I think a high dexterity may be worthwhile to consider even when you don't use missile weapons for the AC bonus it gives - low AC is certainly useful for any fighter kit.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art