View Single Post
Old 10-18-2001, 07:23 PM   #15
Encard
Quintesson

Hmm... Here are a few of mine (the first was actually developed by a friend, though):
Spell Trigger: Lower Resist x3, Chain Contingency: Horrid Wilting x3
This works great againt any fights you know will happen soon. Just set the stuff, then as soon as you see the creature (this is mostly a boss fight tactic) let loose the Spell Trigger. It'll go faster than the Horrid Wiltings from the Chain Contingency, and should get the enemy to very low or 0 magic resistance before the Horrid Wiltings hit. Those do a LOT of damage, especially with 3 of them, and you should be able to kill most things, or at least get them down to VERY low HP, with just that one shot. It's quite easy to kill dragons that way, alsthough mildly dull.

The Semi-Cheasy Backstab Tactic
What you can do against enemies that are at least remotely near an area transition type thing that doesn't require your whole party to go through (not an area transition, exactly, but where you go from one building to another, and there's a loading screen... etc) is to send just your thief down their, with stealth on, then go to the enemy, backstab, and run back. Boots of speed are very useful in this. If the enemy is near enough to the exit to see you when you come in, go into stealth before you enter, then backstab. If they aren't try to get out of their line of sight, and if you can, go into stealth again, go a bit back, and backstab them again. If you can't get out of their sight, just go back through to the area/building/level you came from (where your group is). If they don't follow you, go into stealth again, backstab, and go back up as many times as necessary. If they do follow you... well, usually it'll be only one or two creatures, which can be hacked to bits by the group. This is quite good against something like a group of umber hulks.

Traps
Traps can be VERY useful, especially the high-level ones from ToB. If you set a bunch of them, them lure thetarget enemy/enemies to them, they will be very dead. I killed an Earth Elemental Prince and a Greater Earth Elemental that way in ToB (using, as I said, the ToB traps as well as the snares). Considering the Prince had, I think, at least 200 HP, and the other elemental wasn't too bad either HP-wise... I'd say traps are pretty nice.

Hmm... what else can I think of...

------------------
The Eternal ChAos-bringer of

HADB

CCCCCCcccccccHHHHHHHHhhhhhhAAAAAAAaaaaaaaOOOOOOOoo oooooSSSSSSSsssssss.............

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 10-18-2001).]