View Single Post
Old 11-12-2001, 05:29 AM   #1
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

im playing through as a self-effacing inquisitor this time and taking all the law-abiding do-good dialog options and ive had two instances of bad guys dimension dooring out never to be seen again.

the first was edwin. when i talked to him at the point where i either had him join my party or at least give me the key, this time i refused to admit i was really spying on maevar. so out pops these thieves which i kill. meanwhile he d-doors out and never showed back up, leaving me without a way to get the evidence. after much running around and detecting evil everywhere i could (including the coronet) i gave up and cheated the key in. this seems rather lame considering before he bailed he said something about taking my head to maevar and he didnt even stick around to fight. im in chap6 now and still no sign of him. i checked his script and the scripts for the docks areas and no sign of him making a reappearance despite my dialog setting a new global "backstabbingedwin" to 1. any thoughts?

the next was the fight with the last batch of cowled wizards. the chick with the two time stops d-door'd out during her 2nd time stop after gating in a pit fiend. ive done this fight many times before and never saw this happen.

oh well.