View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 07:48 AM   #3
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: Console Conundrum....

Resetting the console helped for the first week of issues, then it ceased to remedy the situation.
That's the most perplexing thing about this issue. Initially, everything worked without problems. After a time it stopped working, which is part of what made me think it was the console initially. But it connects via Ethernet perfectly at my friends house.
Power cycling the router has hit and miss results.
As far as I can tell, it's either the settings in the router or the router itself is faulty, or it could need a firmware update.
I don't think the router is faulty though. My TV is connect by Ethernet and has no trouble streaming content.

A couple of suggestions I've read on another forum include, copying the network settings from when the xbox is on WiFi connection and manually entering that info for the wired connection. I have my doubts about that suggestion, but it's worth a shot. The other involves messing with advanced settings in the router. Making sure UPnP is enabled, among other things.

Worst case scenario, I settle for playing with just WiFi. Not optimal, but it could be worse.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 04-12-2018 at 08:08 AM.
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote